International Student Festival in in Norway
ISFiT is the world’s largest international student festival, taking place in February in Trondheim, Norway.
The festival is arranged every other year, and each year has a theme related to social and political topics with international relevance. Here, over 450 students from all over the world gather to attend 18 different workshops and take part in the cultural program of the festival. The next festival will be held in February 2021 and the theme is ‘Creating Knowledge’
With this theme, ISFiT wants to explore the challenges and opportunities related to knowledge. These are some questions they will ask about this theme:
- What is knowledge really?
- What implications does it have that knowledge is constructed, that the spreading of knowledge is regulated and that we have easier access to some knowledge than others?
- How can we as students take an active part in creating knowledge?
Ideas, perceptions, and worldviews will be shared international Student Festival in Trondheiminvites students to neutral grounds, where will be given space for everyone to share their stories and contribute to the discussion. Making students more aware of their role in creating and spreading knowledge.
Due to the current COVID situation, recommendation guidelines from the Norwegian government influence how they conduct themselves. Therefore, based on recent recommendations, ISFiT21 has, unfortunately, decided to not invite participants from outside Europe. However, ISFiT21 also has a cultural program from which a lot of events and happenings will be live-streamed to students who may not participate in person.
- Three meals per day
- Transportation in Trondheim
- Some financial aid may be available for applicants to cover travel costs, and you can apply for this aid in the application. There is no guarantee that it will be provided you financial assistance to travel to Trondheim however.
The candidates have to be a student to apply for this program.Eligible Regions: Open for All.